What’s more fun than eating a doughnut? Drinking an alcoholic beverage that TASTES like a doughnut!
In honor of National Doughnut Day, we’ve compiled some of our favorite recipes that combine two of our favorite things: Pastries and Spirits!
1.) The Glazed Doughnut Cocktail
- 1.5-2 oz cake-flavored vodka (I used Pinnacle Cake)
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- ½ oz simple syrup
- A few drops vanilla extract (to taste)
- 3 oz half and half
- Donut holes, for garnish
- Vanilla glaze, for rim (recipe follows)
- Sprinkles, for rim
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the glaze by mixing all of the ingredients in a shallow, wide bowl. If too thin, add a bit more confectioner’s sugar. If too thick, add a bit more milk. Once desired consistency is reached, Dip the rim of your glass into the glaze to coat. Flip rim-side up and set down, allowing the glaze to drip a bit. Wait 1 minute, and then dip into the sprinkles. Flip rim side up again and let dry.
- Pour all of the liquid cocktail ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake well, and then strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Poke a hole in a doughnut hole with a straw and pull the doughnut hole down a few inches from the tip of the straw. Remove the bit of stuck doughnut from the inside of the straw (using the prong of a fork, if necessary) and serve.
2.) Drunken ‘Donuts’ Cocktail
- 2 ounces espresso vodka
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 2 ounces chilled or room temperature coffee
- Splash of hazelnut coffee creamer
- Donut hole
Use lemon and sugar to frost rim of a shot glass. Add the vanilla vodka and hazelnut liqueur, stir together. Lick the sugar rim, take the shot, and bite a piece of lemon. Proceed to enjoying donut.
4.) Chocolate Ganache Donut: Torched Cherry & Cola
Photo via liquor.com
- 6 oz Cola
- 2 oz Torched Cherry Rum
Pour ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish cherry.
5.) Boston Creme Doughnut Irish Carbomb
Photo via huffingtonpost.com
- .5 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- .5 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Guinness Beer
Mix Baileys and whiskey in a shot glass. Drop into the Guinness. Drink before it curdles. Mmmm.
These last three recipes all came from drizly. We don’t have final images, but that just means GET CREATIVE! Check out Drizly HERE